We are getting down to the line. Less than a month to go. The machine is still not back together, but strangely, I feel at ease with it all. Worst case the machine can be played in white wood mode. The question is…”Is that good enough?” The answer is “Heck, no!” We gotta go for broke.
We need some plastics. Got the sheet of PETG a couple weeks back and found the proper tool to cut it out are the tin snips. (At least that is the proper tool in my tool chest). After cutting it out, I used a Dremel tool with a sanding barrel on it, to make the edges nice and smooth. Just have to apply the vinyl overlay which is sitting in the basement waiting for my time, but I want to take my time with it. That will probably happen on Friday.
Isn’t going to be much of a pinball machine if we can’t display the scores from the game. I built a mount out of wood, and used the monitor mount that came on the back of the monitor. Nice part about it, is that it provides a push button to remove the monitor easily. This worked out even better than SS3, because it actually locks the monitor in place without requiring a screw.
Last up is the topper. Nothing says the 1980s like a boom box. Joe provided me with a topper, and I added a little of my own flare. That should give true stereo sound (which Dolly never had), and the sound quality should be significantly better. You can also see that I ended up mounting the Bally interface board, coming up with a good way to hold the cables so that stress isn’t put on the connectors (used velcro to hold cables at the right positions and makes it easy to take everything apart for transport to Pintastic). Finally I mounted the PC power supply that is providing 5V for the raspberry Pi and 12V for the amplifier. That’s all I have for tonight.