7/4/2017 – Ready for Pintastic 2017

We are ready for Pintastic.  All the machines have been moved to the garage so I can put them in the car on Thursday night and drive them to Sturbridge, MA Friday morning.  I gotta tell you, I’m sick of building pinball at this point.  I need a vacation.

I just figured out last night, that not only did Joe and I retheme a whole machine including rules, electronics, and art from middle of January to now, but I also rewired SS3 from Gen1 OPP boards, to Gen2 boards, and updated the Pinball Framework to support the newer cards.  That is one heck of a lot of pinball for one year, and I am tired.

I will see whoever is going to Pintastic this weekend.  I’m giving a general seminar on pinball electronics on Friday at 3:00 pm.  There will be a good amount of free stuff given away.  Come one, come all.   I’ll be around all weekend so stop me if you are interested in seeing how the machines work.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

4 responses to “7/4/2017 – Ready for Pintastic 2017

  1. Thanks for uploading your presentation to sourceforge. At least I get the gist of want you will be presenting. Looks good and like the idea of generation 3 pinball architecture. Have fun at the show.

    • That is a very early version. I’ll hopefully be updating it tonight to add more pictures and such. Right now it is dry like the Sahara. Maybe I will have enough time at the end to present a little bit about the creating of the Van Halen machine.

      You win for savviest person to find OPP stuff. I toss stuff up there just to make sure I don’t lose stuff if a computer crashes. Be a little wary of using firmware before it goes to svn/Creator/Gen2Images. I sometimes update the source files, get scared I might lose everything, and toss up files without testing. The svn/Create/Gen2Images will always be at least “engineering” release tested.

  2. How did the show go and how did you make out with your presentation?

    • I’ll try and write up stuff tonight as a blog entry. Here is the quick recap. Show went pretty well. After getting the machines working both ran until I tore them down on Saturday at about 4 pm. I was tired and needed to go home. Every once in a while SharpeShooter lost USB communications, so my quick fix I did on Wednesday wasn’t sufficient. It was easiest to simply reset the machine to fix it since it only happened every few hours. Talk went well, but I had too much material. Didn’t through all the slides. I will never try to bring multiple machines again. Too much of a hassle.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s