Rule Sheet for SharpeShooter III
SharpeShooter III (SS3), has four levels and eleven modes. To move to the next level, all eleven modes must be completed. The game starts at the easiest level (Rookie) and moves towards Marshal.
The levels are:
- Rookie: Flipper buttons can rotate between all inlanes. The status towards starting a mode is remembered between balls. A mode is completed when the ball drains. Jackpot shot is available for 30 seconds. A jackpot resets the timer for another 30 seconds. A ball drain completes the mode, the next ball will begin working towards starting another mode. (Allows a difficult mode to be completed by losing the ball).
- Deputy: Flipper buttons can rotate top inlanes and can rotate bottom inlanes separately. The status towards starting a mode is remembered between balls. The status within a mode is remembered between balls. Kickout hole must be hit again to restart the mode. Jackpot timer is 20 seconds. A jackpot resets the timer for another 20 seconds. (Can use multiple balls to complete a mode).
- Sheriff: Flipper buttons do not rotate inlanes. The status towards starting a mode is reset when a ball drains. Jackpot timer is 60 seconds. A jackpot does not reset the timer.
- Marshal: Flipper buttons do not rotate inlanes. Cradling is disabled. The status towards starting a mode is reset when a ball drains. Jackpot timer is 45 seconds. A jackpot does not reset the timer.
A mode is entered by completing all the S-H-A-R-P-E inlanes, completing all the S-H-O-O-T-E-R drop targets and finally shooting the kickout hole. As a Rookie, inlanes and shooter targets can be collected in any order. In all other levels, inlanes must be collected, shooter targets are then reset and shooter targets must be collected before shooting kickout hole. Making the skillshot as Rookie or Deputy level advances the player toward starting a mode by completing the inlanes or shooter drop targets.
The modes are:
- Call Posse: Spinner lane ten times then kickout hole. State contains number of spins. Future will give two ball multiball.
- Hustle and Jive: Complete all inlanes. Flipper button rotate and tilt bob are disabled.
- Target Practice: Blink random pop, random shooter target, random inlane, spinner orbit, and finish with kickout hole.
- Check Hideouts: Must hit standup targets 5 times each. Top target is abandoned mine, lower target is abandoned house. Blink left pop bumper to indicate where shots should be aimed.
- Sniper: Hit five individual drop targets. In Rookie and Deputy levels, the targets next to the blinking target is allowed to be hit. Pop bumpers are disabled.
- Sharpe Attack: Hit five individual drop targets with no cradling allowed. In Rookie and Deputy levels, the targets next to the blinking target are allowed to be hit.
- Track Bandits: Collect all lanes. Rotate of flippers is dictated by the level. Jackpot lane must also be collected. After collecting all lanes knock down all the shooter targets.
- Kill ’em All: Drop all shooter targets 3 times.
- Bar Fight: Hit each pop bumper 10 times. When a pop bumper is completed, the light is full on and disabled.
- Duel: Hit a blinking drop target within certain period of time. If missed, there is a reload time, and then another random drop target blinks. There is a chance during the mode that the dueler will be hit.
- Ride for Help: Five orbits (either jackpot loop, or spinner loop), then sink the kickout hole. Future will give two ball multiball.
Completing a mode awards 500 points as Rookie, 750 points as Deputy, 1000 points as Sheriff, and 1500 points as Marshal. Jackpots are worth 100 points as Rookie, 150 points as Deputy, 200 points as Sheriff, and 300 points as Marshall.
The multiplier is increased by completing all the inlanes. Inlanes completed to start a mode or complete a sub-mode do not count to increase the multiplier. The state of the inlanes is stored when passing through states that require all lanes completed, so when the state is done, the inlane progress can be restored. Multipliers are reset when a ball is drained. The multiplier is applied to the spinner target. Sinking the kickout hole when not in a mode collects the current bonus (num spins times multiplier).
Completing the S-H-A-R-P-E inlanes awards 50 points as Rookie, 75 points as Deputy, 100 points as Sheriff, and 150 points as Marshal.